Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: When you are not geocaching, what other outside activities do you do?
Beyond the good handful of “Huh, wait, there’s more to do outside than geocaching?”, we heard a good variety of things. The main other activities that geocachers do include hiking, biking, camping and canoeing or kayaking. And outdoor photography was an honorable mention.
So here is what we heard:
- Kari on G+ shared: Hiking, cycling, camping, canoeing, motorcycling. My wife also does triathlons (so add swimming and running to our team activities).
- Charlie on FB shared: Hiking, biking, storm chasing, and just general touring. And, all the while, looking around and thinking "Hmmm, that would be a good place to put a cache."
- Robert shared: Though I do have other interests and hobbies none of them are outdoors. Thankful for geocaching as it has helped me to keep fitter and healthier by encouraging me to enjoy more of what our beautiful country of New Zealand has to offer.
- Sydney shared: I've been going camping since I was about a year old. In fact that's what brought me to find out about geocaching
- Sydney you reminded me that I found my first geocache back in 2002 on a camping trip in the Idaho Panhandle. That was a ton of fun, and an ammo can in the woods too!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about your outdoor activities, and you can too, if you-
Have an answer to add? We'd love to hear your comments below!
Thanks, and Happy Caching!