Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching. This weekend, we went back to replay some of our older questions and found one about challenge caches.
We recently asked: Have you completed any challenge caches yet?
- After tallying all the answers, we found that everyone who replied has completed at least one challenge cache.
- So here’s what we heard:
- Louis’s comment on G+ was a shared by many. He says: Several. And there are several more on my "Grab it when I'm in the area" list.
- James on FB had a different opinion: I've done quite a few over the years but my attitude toward them has changed over time. Back when they were few and far between, I took on most of them. But now that you can't hardly swing an ammocan without hitting one, my usual response to a new one being published is "meh". I'll do them if I've already qualified (making them essentially just a traditional cache) but otherwise, my interests are elsewhere and I don't usually bother with them.
- Kevin on FB shared: Yes, I like the variety of caching they can encompass. I'm actually working on a meta-challenge (100 challenge caches found)
- Don shared: Yes, plenty. They add a lot more interest to geocaching than just doing individual caches!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about challenge caches, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!