Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day. This week we're running a "Flashback Friday" recap on the Geocaching Question of the Day. We'll be back to normal next week.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: Do you filter for certain terrains often?
After reading through all the answers, we found that it generally depends on what your geocaching goals are, and your limiting factors, such as equipment or physical ability.
So here is what we heard:
- Sandi on FB shared: Depends. If I'm on a road trip I might not want to stop for T3.5 & up. But if I'm on a caching road trip then I will include them all.
- Bart shared: If I am running a PQ for a night caching run and I don't know the area well I will filter out anything over a 2.
- Nora shared: of course ! I have trouble with my hip and knee so I try not to do much over a 2- 3 T . I know if I push to hard I'll end up visiting my doc a few times that week after. I don't need to damage my body further. I f I'm having a bad week I don't do harder than 1.5.
- Mike shared: No. Unless I have a particular goal in mind.
- Jo on G+ shared: Yes. We used to only do that for caches along a route so we'd only grab "easier" ones on a road trip. Now we do it more frequently since we have a 3 year old.
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about geocaching terrains, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!
Don't forget! Tune in for the #GQotD every week on the Podcacher Podcast!