Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching. This weekend, we went back to replay some of our older questions and found one about puzzle/unknown caches.
We recently asked: How many puzzle/unknown caches have you found, and what is this % of your total finds?
- After tallying all the answers, we found the average for puzzle caches is 9.7% of cacher’s total finds.
- So here’s what we heard:
- Chad on FB shared: 229 (12.7%) - that will spike to over 300 between now and Pi Day as we're doing a couple puzzle series runs.
- The Boxman Crew shared: 1288 puzzles found, 21.52% they are some of our favorites.
- Terry on G+ is new to geocaching and shared: 0% hoping to find my first one on Pi Day. I've only found 21 caches so far.
- Callahanmatt on T shared: 64 or 2.62% but hopefully more now I have the 'How to Puzzle Cache' book!
- I hear that is a great book!
- For those wondering, I have found 429 puzzle caches, for (5.58%) of my total. I’m a bit behind in logging but this shouldn’t change too much. Time for me to get my thinking cap back on!!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about puzzle caches, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!