Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: Do you prefer geocaching with a handheld GPS or Smartphone?
- After tallying all the answers, we found it was pretty much 50/50, and most cachers actually use both.
- So here’s what we heard:
- Dave on G+ Shared: GPS, tho my resistance to smartphone caching is getting less now that batteries are better, USB power packs are decent, and the tech on the phone isn't nearly so annoying.
- Agent Questermark shared: Both! I'll usually start on my phone, but if I need more precision, I like my GPSr. For road trips, I'll load a PQ into the GPSr, but still start with the phone when seeking.
- Danno Shared: Smartphone. I like to post logs in the field and manage trackables, especially read their missions online before I take them.
- Hotrod205 on Twitter shared: after getting 3 years each out of 2 Garmins, I don't see the point. New phone is so good that I'm not buying another GPSr.
- Jessica on Facebook summed it up nicely. She shared: My handheld gps, BUT I geocache 95% of the time with my smartphone because it is always with me
As always we really enjoyed hearing about Geocaching GPS' or Smartphones, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!