Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: Have you ever found a geocoin in a cache?
After tallying all the answers, we found that most all cachers have found a Geocoin, but not so much lately. So here’s what we heard:
- Scott on Facebook shared: Not yet, but still looking.
- Tom on G+ shared: Yes, several times. I always include a photo of the coin (with tracking # blurred out) out so the owner knows that, at that point, the actual coin was still circulating, not a proxy.
- Jo shared: Yes, but it's been awhile.
- William shared: Yes, I've found some really nice ones and moved them along, only for some of them to be subsequently stolen by geo-thieves! Arrghh... I have geo-coins of my own, and I will not release them except by proxy. People are less likely to steal a piece of laminated paper. A sad reality of today's game.
- Limax shared: Yes. I've also left some that have disappeared right away.
- Mark on Twitter shared: When I started caching in 2009, I found them in every other cache. As of lately I seldom find a coin.
- Like most, I don’t often find Geocoins in caches these days. I do remember the first one that I found: it was about a dozen years ago in a puzzle cache hidden by Moun10bike! Inside was one of his coins. I thought it was really cool, but as I usually don’t trade, I left it for the next finder. If only I knew then what I know now…
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about Geocoins. You can to, if you-
Meet Charlie - the Podcacher geocaching chihuahua, the cutest trackable ever! Get Him today and help spread the word about PodCacher! Please share!! http://bit.ly/2kx1Ye9Opens in a new windowOpens in a new windowOpens in a new windowOpens in a new window