Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: What type of cache was your first find? (traditional, letterbox, multi, etc)?
After tallying all the answers, we found that about 95% of us found a traditional cache for our very first find. Although there were a smattering of other types too! So here’s what we heard:
- Kari on G+ shared: Did three caches our first day out. The first was a traditional but I never would have cached again if we hadn't found the third, which was a really cool multi.
- GeoTruckr on Twitter shared: traditional, log only, found without any navigation system other than me! 2 blocks from my home, near historic marker!
- Bruce shared: Traditional. Took two tries. First gps wasn't very good.
- wh00_KZN shared: mystery cache ... my wife introduced me to geocaching by taking me to GC2JVRB as she knew i loved puzzles history and nature.
- TwentseMug shared: It was this puzzle cache that transformed me from muggle to geocacher.
- Robert on Facebook shared: A small traditional I found under a few feet of snow in the middle of winter in Michigan. I still have a little trinket that I grabbed from it.
- My first find was an ammo can in the woods of north Idaho. Hillside, deep tree cover and a cheap GPS… but I finally found it and felt like a kid on Christmas morning, and was instantly hooked.
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about everyone’s first find stories –there were way too many cool stories to share! Catch them all, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!