Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: Do you post geocaching pictures or stories to your Facebook account?
After tallying all the answers, we found that about 99% of cachers do share about their adventures on FB. So here’s what we heard:
- Jo on G+ shared: Absolutely!
- Jim on FB shared: Sure do! Why else would I be in those amazing places in the first place?
- Tomer on Twitter shared: I post pictures only if I think they have added value (funny, location etc). I do post pic's & stories on FB Geocaching groups.
- Glad you mentioned FB groups –there are bunch of great geocaching groups out there and I’m active on quite a few.
- Ryan shared: I usually post pics of hikes we take with the kids. Don't post the caches themselves unless they're cool or a milestone find.
- Matt on FB shared: I used to post every few days, but I've now decreased the frequency so as to create the illusion that I have a life outside of geocaching.
- Mike shared: Sometimes. Depends on what it is. I have cacher friends on FB, but most of my friends have no idea why (in my right mind) I'd be hanging out in a drainage pipe covered in muck with a 5 gallon bucket in my hand.
- Mike, never fear, us cachers know exactly why you’re hanging out in the drainage pipe, and many of us have done this too!!
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about Facebook and caching, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!