Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: How many caches have you hidden?
After tallying all the answers, we found that on average cachers have hidden 104 caches, including hosting events. I think this data might be a bit skewed as we had some very prolific hiders chime in. So here’s what we heard:
- Jack of JacknBerli on Twitter shared: Around 300. Most are still active. Started hiding one week after we started Geocaching in 2013!
- Ed Shaper shared: 188 but lots of those are events.
- Charlie on Facebook shared: This is a very timely question. Currently, we've published 39 caches, including 15 Earthcaches and 4 events. On Groundhog Day this year, we'll be putting out an additional 37 puzzle caches as part of a project to do an 81 grid of puzzles. This will make 43 out or 81 done. 26 of the 37 are also form a small piece of geoart in the area.
- Al shared: None. I'm more of a hunter than a hider, but I'm working on my first hide. I'm going for one that will gather a lot of favorite points.
- For those wondering, I’ve hidden 249 caches: 100 on my main account including 28 events, 113 on another group account for maintaining a power trail about 30 miles west of Spokane, and 36 on our Cache Advance profile, most of those are the current Filmed in Spokane GeoTour and 5 events.
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about hiding caches. You can to, if you-
Meet Charlie - the Podcacher geocaching chihuahua, the cutest trackable ever! Get Him today and help spread the word about PodCacher! Please share!! http://bit.ly/2kx1Ye9Opens in a new window