Hey cachers this is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: Is your first geocache hide still active?
- After tallying all the answers, we found that a little over half, or 54%, of first cache hides are still active.
- So here’s what we heard:
- Danno on G+ shared: Nope it was muggled and I now live 2 states away.
- Alan on FB shared: No, long gone. It was near Big Fern Hill Park in Bothell, which is now Kirkland.
- Jim on FB shared: No. I was way too new to the game to know what a quality hide was. It's LONG gone!
- Lindsey on FB shared: It has been out for about 2 and a half years and has never been muggled. The downed log that it was in has decayed quite a bit and it had to be moved a few feet, but the original container is still there.
- Dina summed it up for a lot of us: Yes. It's nothing special but it is sentimental.
- For those of you wondering, my first hide, hidden in November 2002, is still active. I have also adopted 2 older caches, 1 hidden in ’02 and the other in ’01, and they are both still active!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about our first geocache hides, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!