Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: How many Souvenirs do you have?
After tallying all the answers, we found that on average cachers have 63.4 souvenirs.
So here is what we heard:
- Jim on FB has an interesting viewpoint. He shared: Too many and I keep having to hide more and more of the stupid ones that have nothing to do with a location based game. Foolish waste of server resources..
- Allan shared: Interesting question - more than I thought - I'm at – 63
- Dale shared: 124 so far. We are not collectors of them either they just seem to happen. Lots of event souvenirs.
- Jody shared: 75- I'm kind of a sucker for them. Kind of like Girl (or Boy) Scout badges.
- Karin shared: 115 total. 49 are states & countries, rest are special icon days or events. Will we go get a cache on Dec 31& Jan 1 just for the icon? Yes indeed.
- And for those of you wondering, I personally have 130 souvenirs. Although I’m a tad behind in my logging so that may be off. And since I’m helping to host events New Year’s Eve and New Years Day, that will go up!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about souvenirs, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!