Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: Do you use a shorter version of your geoname for micro cache logs?
- After tallying all the answers, we found about 98% of cachers do use a shorter version on micro and nano logs.
- So here’s what we heard:
- Dano on G+ shared: Nope, I can write small!
- Robert on FB shared: As my caching name is only 6 letters I can sometimes squeeze it and the abbreviated date on one line
- Dane shared: Yes. I abbreviate from [Don't Call Me Sir] to [DCMS] so as not to take up half the little strip of paper, but I write the full name out on logs that have more space available.
- Dawn on FB Shared: Yes. I can only write so small....
- Rebecca shared: Yes, The Fossillady becomes TFL
- I first used “LL” for shorthand, until a good caching buddy started using “LOL” for me a few years ago. That has stuck and other cachers even use that in person with me!
As always we really enjoyed hearing about geocaching names, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!