Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
We recently asked: What geocaching milestone are you working towards now?
After reading through all the answers, we found that cacher’s upcoming milestones basically fall into 3 categories. Numbers, like hitting 1000 finds; challenges, such as the Fizzy or Jasmer; and lastly, just to have fun out there while geocaching.
So here is what we heard:
- Jason shared: 8,000 finds. I plan to make Mingo the milestone cache while driving to GeoWoodstock in a few months.
- Ben shared: 5000 finds. Only about 30 to go now. Been caching over 9 years.
- Derik on FB is working on two. He shared: At some point, I will get the Montana DeLorme challenge completed. I want to fill out my grid of old caches on a long trip West at some point, too--I only need 6 months. The older ones are fun.
- Keith shared: Completing my D/T chart.
- Tom on G+ shared: None. I use caching to find interesting places to practice my photography. In return, I often share high-quality (albeit small) photos as part of my log.
- Nora shared: none right now. I'm just enjoying my caching with NO STRESS
- I think my next milestone is getting all my fieldnotes turned into online logs, and then I’ll assess what’s next!
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about milestones, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!