Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day. This week we're running a "Flashback Friday" recap on the Geocaching Question of the Day. We'll be back to normal next week.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: Are geocache icons important to you?
After reading through all the answers, it really was a mixed bag, and really depended on your geocaching goals.
So here is what we heard:
- Jim on Facebook shared: No. But they do come in handy when I want to ignore or filter.
- Danno on Twitter shared: they are not anymore. First two years I cared about icons and numbers now I just want to have fun.
- Jo on G+ shared: Yes and no. It's great to see those statistics and to try to find more of a type that is under represented. But at the end of the day, we'll go after pretty much anything.
- Tom shared: If I'm using the map, yes. If I'm looking for what to find, yes. Otherwise, no.
- Michael shared and interesting way to, well, ‘profile’ another cacher. He shared: Not important to me, but when I look up another cacher it is the first thing I look at to see what they are interested in.
- Irene on Twitter shared: Yes they let me know what kind of cache I am trying for & there are challenges where you need different icons.
- Don on Facebook shared: Yes, to help me identify the different types of caches in an area. I will make a special trip for a type of geocache.
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about cache icons, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!
Don't forget! Tune in for the #GQotD every week on the Podcacher Podcast!