Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Monday through Thursdays, we ask our followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ a question about geocaching.
We recently asked: Are there certain geocache attributes that you avoid when seeking?
After tallying all the answers, we found that about a third of you don’t avoid any particular cache attributes. The main attributes that most cachers avoid are: Needs Maintenance, Front Yard Caches, Tree climbing, Boat and Scuba required.
So here is what we heard:
- Jo on G+ shared: Not overall, but sometimes we'll exclude certain attributes during a specific trip.
- James on FB shared: .. I go for every cache I can get my hands on
- Kim shared: I'll at least take a stab at all of em.
- Jerry shared: Nope. (But if the last log says the unforgivable "I hid it better", I pass.)
- Probably wise Jerry!
- Barbara shared: I don't go if it says I need a boat. Also think twice about a cache on someone's front yard.
- Lori shared: Disabilities cause me to look in advance. Wish some cachers would use them. Its so disappointing to get to a cache and see that there is no way I can get to it . Side note: if you claim a t-1 it better be handicapped accessible, more times than not I can't get it.
- Gene shared: I gave up tree climbing for Lent many years ago and I only go after water caches if somebody has a canoe and wants me to go with them.
As always we really enjoyed hearing about cache attributes, and you can too, if you-
-Follow us, Cache Advance, on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Watch the Periscope Recording:
Thanks, and Happy Caching!