Hey Cachers! This is Lookout Lisa from Cache Advance, and I’m your host for the Geocaching Question of the Day.
Cache Advance is your geocaching hub for all of your caching needs, including the Cache Crate, a monthly subscription box of geocaching and outdoor gear.
Now you can hear the recap on the Podcacher Podcast with the Geocaching Question of the Day weekly! Tune in Sunday night for this week's question recap.
We recently asked: Have you ever adopted someone else's cache?
After tallying all the answers, we found that nearly 2/3s of cachers, or 63% have adopted at least one cache. So here’s what we heard:
- Bailey shared: I haven't but I’d like too.
- Dell has tried. He shared: I've offered to adopt a few caches near my home that appear to be orphaned, but none of the COs have responded.
- Jo shared: Yes, a few when a friend moved out of the area.
- Chuck shared: Yep. I adopted the first cache I ever found.
- Brent shared: I probably have adopted 30 caches , from co's who were moving out of the area , didn't have time to maintain any longer, and in exchange for giving up some trail caches to make way for a new series to come out
- I’ve adopted a few caches –mostly good oldies from 2001 and 2002. And technically through my company profile, I adopted all the caches in the Filmed in Spokane GeoTour. Having them all under one account makes it easier for our GeoTour team to manage them all.
As always, we really enjoyed hearing about adopting caches, and you can too, if you-
Thanks, and Happy Caching!